Nutrition.jpg

Clinical Nutrition

Clinical nutrition is one of the backbones of naturopathic medicine. Dr. Peltz looks into the baseline eating habits of every patient and makes recommendations accordingly.  She is not an advocate of a 'one diet fits all' approach, but individualizes her recommendations based on each patient. Dr. Peltz feels that without addressing what we eat, when, how much, and why, we miss a huge puzzle piece of our health. She often makes short term goals, as well as addressing the big picture. In her ideal world patient's  would consume an optimal diet for them 80% of the time, but be able to indulge and loosen the reigns for the other 20%. Dr. Peltz believes food is our true medicine!

conditions that respond well to dietary changes include:

  • Acne
  • Unexplained infertility
  • Estrogen dominance
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Chronic anemia
  • Pre-eclampsia
  • Gestational diabetes
  • Breastmilk supply issues
  • Babies falling off their growth curve
  • Eczema
  • Reflux
  • and much more

dietary interventions used by dr. peltz include:

  • Whole foods diet
  • Elimination diet
  • Anti inflammatory diet
  • Anti candida diet
  • Gluten free diet
  • Dairy free diet
  • Quitting sugar
  • Hormone balancing diet
  • Fertility diet
  • Plant based eating
  • Grain free eating
  • Paleo 
  • Seasonal cleanses
  • Solid food introduction 
  • Eating to fatten up your baby